Official Starbucks Dress Code for Employees (2022)
What is the Starbucks dress code policy for employees? The coffee firm highlighted how, beginning immediately, it will allow employees to inject more of their personal style into their work attire going into the future.
Starbucks dress code
The following is the Starbucks dress code policy.
The following is acceptable for tops:
- All shirts must cover the armpits and midriff.
- Patterns may be subdued and muted.
The following is acceptable for bottoms:
- Pants, shorts, and skirts must be no more than 4" above the knee and must not drag on the ground.
- Leggings are not permitted to be worn over skirts or dresses.
The following is acceptable footwear:
- Closed heel and toe.
- Leather, imitation leather, suede, rubber, or similar waterproof material.
- Socks or hosiery must be worn.
Hair and Face
The following is acceptable for the hair and face:
- Certain forms of personal headgear, such as beanies, short-brimmed or baseball caps, or other fastened head coverings, are permitted to be worn (Starbucks will provide a hat where required).
- Hair should be pulled back from the face (facial hair trimmed).
- One face piercing permitted; no larger than a dime.
- Earrings and ear gauges permitted; no larger than a quarter.
- Tattoos except on the face or throat are acceptable; nothing vulgar, profane, racial, or sexual in character is authorized.
General color palette
Employees must wear clothes that have the following colors:
Other dress code rules to avoid breaking
Avoid breaking the following dress code rules:
- Holes, rips, see-through material, or too exposing clothing.
- Illustrations, typography, or large logos.
- Attire for the gym or exercise.
- Tops with hoods. Hoodies or other hooded tops.
- Undergarments that are visible.
- Perfumes or grooming items with a scent.
- Sprays or glitters for temporary hair color.
- Nail paint or manicurist-applied artificial nail coverings.
- Hand or forearm jewelry, including watches and wristbands (with the exception of one basic ring devoid of stones or etchings).
- Facial piercings should be avoided.
Questions from job seekers and employees at Starbucks.
Can I dye my hair and work at Starbucks?
Starbucks allows all colors of hair styles.
Can I wear perfume to Starbucks?
No. Perfume and heavy fragrances should be avoided.
Can I wear pattern tops to Starbucks?
Generally, solid colors are more acceptable attire.
Can I wear a hat to work at Starbucks?
Hats are optional unless state or municipal regulations mandate them. Where necessary, Starbucks will offer a Starbucks logo hat, or the partner may wear one of the types listed below that complies with rules. Hats distributed to partners in conjunction with a Starbucks campaign are permitted to be worn during the promotion.
Can I wear jewelry to work at Starbucks?
The majority of conservative piercings, including minor ear gauges, are permitted as long as the total number of piercings per ear is confined to two. Certain accents remain taboo.
Can I have tattoos and work at Starbucks?
Tattoos visible on the face and neck are not permitted. Other visible tattoos are acceptable as long as they do not contain vulgar, profane, racial, sexually explicit, or otherwise offensive language or imagery.
Can I wear vans to work at Starbucks?
Yes. You may wear Vans, but they must be brown or black with minimal color accents. Suede is prohibited, and they must be non-slip.
Can Starbucks employees wear jeans?
Grays and khaki are the only light colors approved for Starbucks staff bottoms (forget the white, even in the summer). Additionally, Starbucks employees cannot wear holes in their jeans, baggy jeans, too-long jeans, leather trousers, sports pants, or sweatpants.
How strict is the dress code at Starbucks?
The Starbucks dress code is fairly strict. And employees can receive violations for not following dress code.
Can you wear your hair down at Starbucks?
No. Any length as long as your hair is pulled back past your shoulders or in a ponytail.
Can I wear a crew neck to Starbucks?
Yes, as long as the colors aren't objectionable, you may wear about anything that isn't too large or too exposing. When you are permitted to wear neutral colors at Starbucks, your shirt must have a low neck line for your safety while dealing with hot beverages and also to avoid a health code violation.
What should I wear to an interview at Starbucks?
Dress trousers or skirts with acceptable tops, such as button-down shirts or conservative tops, are great for Starbucks job seekers. Applicants should always seem well-groomed and confident throughout Starbucks interviews.
Related Starbucks resources
- What to wear to a Starbucks interview
- Starbucks interview questions
- How old do you have to be to work at Starbucks?
- How to order a Medicine Ball on the Starbucks App
- Official Starbucks Dress Code
- Does Starbucks drug test?
Compare dress codes
- Dress code policy
- Publix dress code
- CVS dress code
- Home Depot dress code
- Amazon dress code
- Walmart dress code
- Starbucks dress code
- FBI dress code
Our favorite resources are included below.
Job interview resources
- Common Interview Questions by Marquette University
- Prepare for Behavioral Interview Questions by Marquette University
- Preparing for Job Interviews by the University of Kansas
- Mock Interview Handbook by CSUCI
- Interview Guidebook by Lebanon Valley College
Resume and cover letter resources
- Writing a Resume and Cover Letter by USC
- Resume Writing Tips by the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Resume and Cover Letter Guide by Harvard University
Job search resources
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..