90 Messages to Include in a Retirement Card (Or Text)
A retirement card comprises sentimental, appreciative, congratulatory, and well-wishes remarks. After learning of a coworker's retirement, you might send a retirement card to convey your appreciation for their efforts.
You can include a variety of sentiments, from a cherished reminiscence to a generic farewell, depending on your connection with the employee.
Here's what to add to a retirement card for a coworker. Or sample texts to send to congratulate your coworker on their upcoming or current retirement.
What should a retirement card for a coworker contain?
When drafting a retirement card message for a coworker, it's critical to evaluate your relationship with the coworker. The following are some often included items in retirement cards:
- Complimentary remarks.
- Particular recollections, situations, or occurrences.
- Best wishes for their continued success as they enter the next phase of their lives Remarks on their contribution to the company.
- A sincere note wishing them a happy retirement and/or healthy retirement.
Messages to include in a coworker's retirement card
The following are some sample messages you might use on a coworker's retirement card:
Public messages to send
If you've met the employee but haven't worked directly with them, general messages are typically OK. Here are twenty messages you might use on a coworker's retirement card to express your congratulations:
- Congratulations on your retirement and on a very remarkable career!
- Hope retirement brings you all the incredible years of joy that you much deserve!
- Have a wonderful retirement! We're going to miss you around the workplace!
- Today, we're celebrating you! Best wishes on your retirement!
- I wish you and your family the best. Have a wonderful retirement!
- Congratulations on your retirement! I wish you an amazing retirement!
- Congratulations! Take advantage of your well-earned retirement!
- You've worked really hard for a long period of time. For a change, you deserve to unwind and take things easy. Take advantage of it!
- Congratulations! We wish you the best of luck in your retirement!
- We wish you the best of luck with your second act! May it surpass the first in terms of inspiring your life!
- Best wishes on your retirement! I'm overjoyed that we collaborated!
- Congratulations on a really remarkable career. I wish you the best of luck in your retirement!
- We appreciate all of your efforts. We're going to miss you! Have a wonderful retirement!
- Take advantage of every moment of this period and enjoy this new phase of your life. Have a wonderful retirement!
- I wish you a happy, healthy, and prosperous retirement.
- Best wishes on your retirement. We wish you the best of luck as you begin on your new adventure.
- We are so proud of you! We appreciate your commitment to this firm!
- Best wishes on your retirement. Now, take advantage of your newfound freedom as a retiree!
- I'm still in disbelief that you're retiring! Congratulations!
- Cheers to your retirement as a selfless individual! May this be the most fruitful and fulfilling year of your life. Enjoy!
- We appreciate you being such an excellent coworker and friend. While I'm sorry to lose you as a coworker, I'm pleased you'll remain a friend. Have a wonderful retirement!
Grateful retirement wishes
If you worked on the same team or in the same department, you might compose these sorts of communications. The following are twenty messages you might use in a retirement card for a coworker to show your appreciation:
- We are commemorating your 35 years of outstanding service to our team and the legacy of hard work and devotion you have left behind.
- You are a real professional who demonstrates daily that perfection is something to strive for. You encourage others around you to be better, and I'm confident that will continue after retirement.
- We adore all you've accomplished. Now, go forth and pursue your passions.
- Best wishes on your retirement! May your future be filled with more of the things you value and fewer of the things you despise!
- Congratulations on your retirement and all of the new changes that have presented themselves in your life!
- All of your life's sacrifices have been fruitful! Take advantage of the perks of having time to accomplish everything and everything you've ever wished.
- After everything you've done for us, it's only right that you contribute your efforts to the world's other inhabitants! We wish you the best of luck in your future efforts.
- I wish you happiness, health, and prosperity as you progress through life. We appreciate you being an incredible employee and even greater friend!
- Your great work ethic and personality will be missed! May the next chapter of your life be everything you wish it to be.
- Whatever path you take next, may it be filled with the same joy and contentment that you provided us!
- Best wishes on your retirement. You've earned it after years of hard labor! May your life continues to be fruitful.
- Over the years you've been with the company, you've had a significant impact. Best wishes on your retirement! Without you, it won't be the same here!
- Your passion, perseverance, and accomplishments may never be equaled. We appreciate all you've done for this firm.
- I'd want to express my warmest congrats on all of your hard work building up to your retirement. You are deserving!
- Congratulations! We appreciate your commitment throughout the previous 40 years! I hope you take the time to pursue all of the chances you've always desired.
- I'm still in disbelief that you're retiring! Congratulations and make the most of every moment because you deserve it! We appreciate all you've done for this firm!
- We wish you a prosperous future filled with time for interests, friends, and family, as much as we have loved having you! We wish you the best of luck in your retirement.
- Congratulations on your retirement and the extraordinary years of effort it took to get there.
- It's good to see someone who is as deserving of retirement as you are. Keep in mind that you should invest the same amount of work in your leisure time as you do in your profession.
- We appreciate your diligence and commitment. Without you, the accounting team would not be the same!
Funny retirement messages
A hilarious message is great if you are familiar with the recipient and believe they would like it. Here are twenty humorous statements that you can include in a retirement card for a coworker:
- Retirement is the only legitimate reason to blow out your whole life's savings. Have some fun!
- You're stepping down! While I am jealous, I am primarily glad for you. Congrats!
- I wish you the best of luck with your next chapter! Simply do not bore our readers! Have a wonderful retirement!
- Bye-bye early meetings and welcome deals for early birds! Take advantage of your retirement!
- We wish you the best of luck in your retirement! So, where shall we begin our journey?
- Are you certain you are of retirement age? I have my doubts. Congratulations!
- Remember meetings and reports at 9:00 a.m.? Now is your time to forget about them. Indeed, forget about them entirely! Have a wonderful retirement!
- Best wishes on your retirement! Remember, if you become bored, you can always phone us or return to work!
- What is the term for a person who is cheerful on a Monday? Retired. Congratulations!
- We wish you the best of luck in your retirement. Here's to spending time with your grandchildren rather than attending meetings and presentations.
- Retirement is an eternal vacation, so make the most of it! Congrats!
- Congratulations! You retired before I did! I'll try my best to avoid harboring resentment.
- Retirement entails a loss of employment, stress, and income! Congratulations!
- You've gained two new best buddies! They are referred to as Couch and Television. I believe you'll spend a great deal of time with them throughout your retirement.
- We will genuinely miss you. We wish you the best of luck as you approach retirement! Please do not hesitate to contact or visit if you become bored with retired life!
- Your new role is to ensure that you enjoy your retirement to the fullest. Workdays are flexible, and you have complete control over your schedule!
- Now that you've made your mark and paid your dues, put on your dance shoes! It's time to throw a retirement celebration!
- Life has formally granted you permission to unwind. Have a wonderful retirement!
- Are you familiar with the term "senior discount"? Take advantage of all the retirement perks!
- It is now time for you to learn how to brew coffee on your own! Best wishes on your retirement!
Sincere retirement wishes
If you have a close relationship with your coworker, you can include heartfelt messages. The following are twenty heartfelt messages to include on a retirement card for a coworker:
- When you assume you've reached the conclusion of anything, you're frequently only getting started on something much greater. Best wishes on your retirement!
- We appreciate your unwavering support and encouragement for our team. We're going to miss you!
- We'll never forget the outstanding work you performed for this firm. We appreciate your time and commitment. Best wishes on your retirement.
- It was an absolute joy working with you. I've always appreciated your dexterity in overcoming any obstacle, large or little.
- We all recognize you as an extraordinary leader, and we wish you the very best as you begin this new chapter in your life as you celebrate your retirement.
- We appreciate your consistency as a diligent worker, a helpful teammate, and an excellent friend. Now it's time to unwind and rest!
- Having you as a coworker has been a joy. I wish you an amazing retirement! We will always remember you and miss you.
- It's been an honor to work with someone who is so committed. Although I've only worked with you for a short period of time, it's evident that your devotion has benefited our business.
- It was a pleasure to work with you! Your effort has certainly had an enduring influence, one that has benefited the community in so many ways. Best wishes on your retirement!
- Best of luck and congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing what amazing ventures you go on next.
- I'll miss you and your upbeat demeanor around the workplace, but I wish you the best of luck in retirement! Many thanks for everything!
- I wish you a happy retirement, excellent health, and wonderful friends by your side.
- With love and best wishes for your retirement.
- You will be greatly missed. However, now is the ideal time for you. I truly wish you a wonderful retirement and wish you numerous happy hours with your family.
- Without you, we would not be where we are today. We appreciate everything.
- Without you, the workplace will be in a state of disarray! Every day, you will be missed.
- We appreciate you as a mentor, friend, and one of the most diligent employees I know. Take advantage of your retirement!
- I'm not sure how I'd manage without you! We appreciate all you've done for us.
- Congratulations on your retirement decision! I'll miss seeing you every day, but I hope your retirement is filled with love and happiness. Without you, this place will never be the same. Already missing you!
- I'm sorry to see you go, but I'm delighted you're going to have so much fun. Maintain contact and have a wonderful retirement!
Questions about writing retirement cards and retirement wishes.
What do you write in a retirement card for a coworker?
The card should contain something sincere, hopeful, or funny. For example, "I hope your entire life's savings isn't put into golf too quickly!"
Example messages to include in a coworker's retirement card
- Congratulations on your retirement and on a very remarkable career!
- Have a wonderful retirement! We're going to miss you around the workplace!
- Today, we're celebrating you!
- Warmest regards to you and your family.
- Congratulations on your retirement!
- You've worked tirelessly for so many years.
- Congratulations on your well-deserved retirement!
- All the best in your wonderful retired life ahead!
How do you say goodbye to a coworker who is retiring?
Throw them a retirement party. Then, ensure that everyone writes a thoughtful statement with a retirement card. Include one of the many retirement wishes that are available to share. For example, "It was such a pleasure to work alongside you for my entire career. The only real excuse for us not to keep in touch is playing too much golf!"
35+ Phone Interview Questions & Best Sample Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
12+ Best Questions To Ask A Recruiter
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering "What Makes You Unique" In A Job Interview
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
250+ Ice Breaker Questions for Life
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
10 Best Answers to "What Motivates You?"
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
Answering "How Did You Hear About This Position" In An Interview
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
8 Best Thank You Emails After an Interview (Samples, Free Templates)
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing a Resignation Letter (How To Write It, Samples)
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
How to End a Letter (Example Salutations, Sign Off's)
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..