Virtual Assistant Job Description (2022)
Free virtual assistant job description. A virtual assistant is an administrative employee who works remotely for a business or organization. The virtual assistant provides assistant with administrative tasks like answering phone calls (and directing those phone calls), replying to emails, scheduling meetings, assisting with travel arrangements, and other clerical duties that can be given to administrative professionals.
There isn't a significant difference between an executive assistant, administrative assistant, and virtual assistant. The major difference is that the virtual assistant will be working in a remote environment. Providing support from a remote location. For example, answering inbound phone calls and routing them to their proper receivers. This is a common task in the healthcare industry. Or receiving inbound emails and routing them to their proper locations or logging them in project management software. Learn how to become a virtual assistant.
Virtual Assistant Job Description Sample & Template
Sample virtual assistant job description is included below.
Virtual Assistant Job Brief
Our company is looking to hire a full-time virtual assistant to help with administrative needs within the business. Our ideal candidate is a tech-savvy professional who has the ability to provide quality work in a timely manner. And can assist employees in an administrative assistant function. We are looking for a virtual assistant who can provide at least 40-hours per week. And can work closely with an executive assistant or administrative assistant if needed. This a remote position with full-time employee pay.
Assistants provide an essential function within the company. Virtual assistants help to create efficiency within the workplace and alleviate tasks or projects from employees that would otherwise distract them from their essential duties and work functions.
Virtual Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with a variety of clerical and administrative tasks for the business.
- Provide market research assistance, generate reports, and gather insights.
- Assist with social media execution.
- Help with making travel arrangements for the executive staff and employees.
- Provide team support to any member of the staff that emails or provides requests by email.
- Schedule meetings with clients, prospects, and other business partners.
- Gather expense reports, export expense reports, and assist with P&L management.
- Assist the human resources team with special projects.
- Work closely with other administrative professionals and take on assigned tasks.
- Complete tasks in a project management tool and ask for more work once completed.
Virtual Assistant Requirements
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative function providing administrative support.
- Excellent time management skills, communication skills, and access to a secure internet connection.
- Ability to use tools like Microsoft Office or Adobe.
- Ability to log on to a remote environment and begin work autonomously.
Related job descriptions
- Administrative Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Officer Job Description
- Executive Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Coordinator Job Description
- Research Assistant Job Description
- Legal Secretary Job Description
- Program Assistant Job Description
- Office Assistant Job Description
- Virtual Assistant Job Description
- Operations Manager Job Description
- Office Manager Job Description
- Receptionist Job Description
- Medical Assistant Job Description
- Paralegal Job Description
- Personal Assistant Job Description
Download the free virtual assistant job description PDF template. And use the sample virtual assistant job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Virtual Assistant Job Description Template
Download our job description template in Word or PDF format. Instant download. No email required.Download Template
All job descriptions
35+ Phone Interview Questions & Best Sample Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
12+ Best Questions To Ask A Recruiter
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering "What Makes You Unique" In A Job Interview
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
250+ Ice Breaker Questions for Life
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
10 Best Answers to "What Motivates You?"
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
Answering "How Did You Hear About This Position" In An Interview
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
8 Best Thank You Emails After an Interview (Samples, Free Templates)
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing a Resignation Letter (How To Write It, Samples)
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
How to End a Letter (Example Salutations, Sign Off's)
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..