Best Office Administrator Job Description for 2022
Free office administrator job description. An office administrator is an administrative professional who works closely with office systems and supervising staff to oversee the day-to-day operations of an office. They oversee supply requirements, machine requirements, staff requests, and assist with answering phone calls and maintaining general office operations.
Office Administrator Job Description Template & Sample
Sample office administrator job description.
Office Administrator Job Brief and Job Summary
Our office is seeking to hire a professional and passionate office administrator who can oversee the daily operations of the office environment. Our ideal candidate is someone who has keen written and verbal communication skills and can oversee the office management. This includes handling office supplies, managing vendor relationships, assisting staff with office supply needs, and managing the office equipment to ensure its efficiency.
The office administrator is sometimes referred to as an office manager. As an office administrator you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the office ready for work to be produced on a daily basis. We want to provide an open and welcoming environment for both employees and guests. The administrator will greet guests upon their arrival, check them in in the guest console, and route them to the appropriate employee.
Office Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and office administrator job responsibilities include:
- Manage office resources and oversee vendor relationships.
- Work closely with managers to maintain office operations.
- Answer inbound phone calls and route the call to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist the company with general office administration and clerical tasks.
- Oversee the vendor relationships of all office supplies, snacks, food, and other needs of the company.
- Help book travel arrangements.
- Schedule team meetings and client meetings.
- Take notes during meetings and transcribe those notes to digital formats.
- Follow and evolve office procedures for employees, administrators, and other staff.
- Assist hiring managers with posting open job positions to job boards.
- Support our office personnel by evolving the position and asking where and how office administrative needs can grow.
- Pull general financial reporting records, generate reports, and help with transcribing data for presentations and upcoming events.
- Provide general assistance with office events and preparing for all-hands meetings with the staff.
- Work closely with office managers and other office administrators to coordinate enterprise needs. Assist with ad-hoc administrative duties, including organizing office operations, coordinating schedules with the office assistant, overseeing office services and general office functions.
- Assist other office assistants with answering incoming calls, cleaning the conference room schedule, organizing the office space, and managing general office activities.
Office Administrator Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Communications, is a strong plus.
- Previous experience in office administration is a strong plus.
- Very strong time management skills, communication skills, and ability to self-manage.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and other programs).
- Ability to assist with management of office vendors.
- Ability to manage a P&L and generate expense reports for office requirements.
- Strong knowledge of all Google products is a plus (Google Slides, Gmail, and other).
- A detail oriented professional who can handle administrative support, clerical functions, and provide great morale to other staff members.
Related job descriptions
- Administrative Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Officer Job Description
- Executive Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Coordinator Job Description
- Research Assistant Job Description
- Legal Secretary Job Description
- Program Assistant Job Description
- Office Assistant Job Description
- Virtual Assistant Job Description
- Operations Manager Job Description
- Office Manager Job Description
- Receptionist Job Description
- Medical Assistant Job Description
- Paralegal Job Description
- Personal Assistant Job Description
Download the free office administrator job description PDF template. And use the sample office administrator job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Office Administrator Job Description Template
Download our job description template in Word or PDF format. Instant download. No email required.Download Template
All job descriptions
35+ Phone Interview Questions & Best Sample Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
12+ Best Questions To Ask A Recruiter
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering "What Makes You Unique" In A Job Interview
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
250+ Ice Breaker Questions for Life
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
10 Best Answers to "What Motivates You?"
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
Answering "How Did You Hear About This Position" In An Interview
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
8 Best Thank You Emails After an Interview (Samples, Free Templates)
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing a Resignation Letter (How To Write It, Samples)
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
How to End a Letter (Example Salutations, Sign Off's)
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..