Example Babysitter Job Description (2022)
Free babysitter job description. A babysitter is a professional who helps to look after children in an in-home experience. Babysitters play a pivotal role in the safety and care of children. They are there to help prepare and provide meals so that everyone is fed. As well as make sure all classroom schoolwork has been appropriately finished and ready for the following day. Great babysitters are those who pay close attention to children's needs. And can plan activities. As well as the needs of the children based on the day of the week. Or the time of day whenever the parents are away.
Babysitter Job Description Sample
Our family is seeking a passionate and gentle babysitter who can look after our three children. These children range from ages 1 to 5 years of age. They require some care and attention, but they, for the most part, are easy to look after. Our children will require meals as well as hygiene needs that a babysitter should feel comfortable with. If you are passionate about children and have the desire to work in a comfortable home, we're looking for you.
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a babysitter position in the U.S. was $11.05/hr on average.
Top candidates have one or more of the following skills:
- Attention to detail skills
- Compassion skills
- Empathy skills
- Communication skills
- Creative skills
- Cooking skills
- Cleaning skills
Babysitter Duties & Responsibilities
Below are sample job duties and babysitter responsibilities:
- Plan meals and care as needed depending on the time of day and day of the week.
- Plan activities for children so that they are feeling entertained and educated.
- Play a role in their school work and assist them if requested.
- Help children stay safe within the home.
- Be mindful and pay close attention to all children's needs even after they've gone to sleep.
- Assist in their medication taking or special needs as requested by the parents.
- Play a pivotal role in their happiness at home.
- Be respectful to the children, assist with homework, and ensure child development is progressing.
- Communicate with children in a patient, friendly manner. Address their needs and practice boundaries when required.
Qualified candidates should have the following requirements:
- Must have a valid state drivers license.
- Be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Must be able to clear background checks and a basic drug test.
- No smokers.
- Must have own transportation covered.
- Be able to work extended hours on short notice.
- Must be a kind and trustworthy soul.
Babysitter Job Boards
Employers who have an open babysitter position should consider posting the job to a smaller job board. Before expanding into a national job board like Indeed, Dice.com, or others. These smaller job boards have a higher caliber of candidate that performs their job search on them. Job seekers who have more passion for the position tend to apply to positions through these job boards.
Top babysitter job boards
- Adventure Nannies
- Internaional Nanny Association
- Above and Beyond Nannies
- Side Job Board
Those looking to advance themselves in the nanny/babysitter job title. Or employers looking to place babysitter positions may want to consider the following resources. These resources can provide helpful insight on creating an ideal workplace. Or understanding the role with clarity. And ensuring a healthy work relationship between employee and employer:
- International Nanny Association
- Book: The Best Nanny Handbook: The Ultimate Guide for Nannies
- Newborn Care Specialist Association
- Book: The Nanny Textbook: The Professional Nanny Guide to Child Care
Related job descriptions
Download the free babysitter job description PDF template. And use the sample babysitter job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..