Financial Analyst Job Description (2022)
Free financial analyst job description. A financial analyst is a finance professional who is responsible for undertaking the financial analysis of external and internal clients. A financial analyst examines data and other findings to help companies make business decisions based on market conditions, competitors, and other factors.
Financial analysts have varying job titles. Those include senior analyst, junior financial analyst, senior financial analyst, "ratings analyst", investment analyst, entry-level financial analyst, chartered financial analyst, junior analyst, and more. Job titles vary based on the sector. From corporate finance to hedge funds.
Financial Analyst Job Description Sample
Our business is seeking a financial analyst to oversee our financial analysis function within the business. The ideal candidate is able to assist with investment decisions based on research performed by investing financial data from external sources. Data includes financial reports, financial models, financial statements, and other financial forecasting methods.
Financial Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
Below are sample job duties and responsibilities for a financial analyst:
- Oversee the process of investigating, saving, and modeling financial information.
- Work closely with senior management to assist with business decisions and quarterly financial planning.
- Perform regular financial modeling of sectors, industries, and businesses.
- Record the financial performance (or financial status) and general ledger of businesses both internal and external.
- Coordinate with the portfolio manager regarding financial performance.
- Work closely with fund managers to assist in the investment decision-making process.
- Be able to work closely with equity analysts to provide guidance on ratings and risk analysis.
- Work closely with a risk analyst to provide guidance on risk factors.
- Be familiar with financial services (for example, mutual funds) offered both internal and external.
- Review general accounting and financial information of businesses.
- Assist with investment timing decisions and advise on investment opportunities.
Senior Financial Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- Manager the research and market analysis of upcoming projects.
- Develop monthly monitoring and reporting tools to assist in the tracking of all performance against budget.
- Work with the executive director to identify and recommend special optimization projects.
- Assist in preparing and providing data and reports for all board meetings.
- Draft and prepare reports based on specific instructions.
- Initiate, analyze, and submit for review the distribution models and projects on a quarterly basis.
Junior Financial Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing financial reports.
- Help with computer spreadsheet, drawing charts, and illustrating technical reports to other staff.
- Assist with developing automated accounting applications to improve productivity.
- Monitor variances, track receivable, and follow-up on discrepancies with data.
- Perform general risk assessments and evaluate risk factors. Including the evaluation of due taxes.
- Assist the senior financial analyst with special projects. Pull reporting and charting as necessary.
Financial Analyst Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Investment Banking, Business Administration, or a related field.
- At least five years of previous experience in finance, preferably in a complex financial analysis capacity. Only if applying for a senior financial analyst role.
- Accuracy in developing complex budgets. And tracking budgeting.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. And ability to develop and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships. Both with outside agencies and internal staff.
- Previous experience at an investment bank or other securities firms is preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- A solid working knowledge of federal and state sponsored programs.
- Ability to working in an unusually fast-paced environment. And handle multiple deadlines and tasks with diplomacy.
- A strong ability to work under pressure.
- Work on a variety of problems of complex scope. Where analysis of data or solutions requires an evaluation of intangible, variance factors.
- Previous experience in a financial analyst position preferred.
- Experience with financial reporting software like Microsoft Excel.
Related job descriptions
- Bookkeeper Job Description
- Financial Analyst Job Description
- Bank Teller Job Description
- Accounts Payable Job Description
- Staff Accountant Job Description
- Accounting Clerk Job Description
- Data Analyst Job Description
- Financial Analyst Job Description
- Business Analyst Job Description
- System Analyst Job Description
Download the free financial analyst job description PDF template. And use the sample financial analyst job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..