Shift Leader Job Description (2022)
Free shift leader job description. A shift leader is a supervisor or manager who works in a retail setting, assisting employees as a manager during that shift. The difference between a shift leader and store manager is the shift leader ensures an efficient working environment for the on-duty employees. Often working on the floor themselves. Floor coordination, food handling, and other store procedures are enforced by the shift leader.
Shift Leader Job Description Template & Sample
Sample job description of a shift leader included below. Ready to use for job postings or shift leader jobs.
Shift Leader Job Brief
Our store is looking for a shift leader or shift supervisor (or shift manager) to assist with our on-dusty team members. Shift leaders play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficiency of the retail floor. They provide assistance in answering questions, dealing with complaints or customers, preparing for the following shift, handling bank deposits, and much more.
Great shift leaders should have keen leadership skills, have the ability to influence others, and have amazing problem-solving skills to be able to handle customer issues, employee issues, and more.
Shift Leader Job Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and responsibilities include:
- Handle customer complaints.
- Prepare for the following shift. Following opening procedure or store closing procedure.
- Assist with hiring other personnel. Perform interviews and act as a leader within the business. Interview job seekers and set a good example for the store and company.
- Set an example for other employees as to how exceptional employment should look like.
- Handle cash and prepare bank deposits during the shift.
- Provide a summary of work to other shift managers to assist with preparing for the upcoming shift.
- Assist with managing employee requests and handling personnel issues (HR).
- Ensure equipment is working properly.
- Transition between shifts and be flexible in providing optimal education and professional experience to the following shift leader.
- Come to work with a strong and positive attitude for other employees.
- Review store resources, pull reports, and assist with inventory.
- Work closely with the store manager in creating a shift schedule for employees.
- Oversee general quality control and ensure the sales floor or retail floor is in optimal conditions.
- Follow all food safety and food handling procedure.
- Follow store and retail procedure.
- Assist with training new employees.
Shift Leader Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a management position is a strong plus.
- Experience in the service industry handling operations is a strong plus.
- Prior work experience working closely with managers.
- Industry specific knowledge (like restaurant industry knowledge) is a strong plus.
Related job descriptions
Download the free shift leader job description PDF template. And use the sample shift leader job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Shift Leader Job Description Template
Download our job description template in Word or PDF format. Instant download. No email required.Download Template
All job descriptions
35+ Phone Interview Questions & Best Sample Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
12+ Best Questions To Ask A Recruiter
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering "What Makes You Unique" In A Job Interview
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
250+ Ice Breaker Questions for Life
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
10 Best Answers to "What Motivates You?"
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
Answering "How Did You Hear About This Position" In An Interview
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
8 Best Thank You Emails After an Interview (Samples, Free Templates)
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing a Resignation Letter (How To Write It, Samples)
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
How to End a Letter (Example Salutations, Sign Off's)
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..